Frequently Asked Questions
- 1What is Neuroplasticity?
- Our brains are constantly being shaped by experience.
- Most of us have very different behaviours and thoughts today than we did 20 years ago.
- This shift is neuroplasticity in action; changes in brain structure and organisation as we experience, learn, and adapt.
- With every repetition of a thought or emotion, we reinforce a neural pathway - and with each new thought, we begin to create a new way of being.
- These small changes, frequently enough repeated, lead to changes in how our brains work.
- Neuroplasticity is the 'muscle building' part of the brain; the things we do often we become stronger better at, what we don’t use fades away.
- That is the physical basis of why making a thought or action over and over again increases its power.
- Over time, it becomes automatic; a part of us.
- We literally become what we think and do.
- Neuroplasticity is at work throughout life.
- Connections within the brain are constantly becoming stronger or weaker, depending on what is being used.
- Younger people change easily; their brains are very plastic.
- As we age change doesn't come as easily; the brain loses some of its plasticity and we become more fixed in how we think, learn, and perceive.
- Since the brain is pivotal to all we think and do, by harnessing neuroplasticity we can improve everything we do and think.
- Neurofeedback works with these fundamental principles of neuroplasticity to help you take control of your mind.
This treatment has not yet been reviewed. To review this treatment click here