The Autumn and Winter months introduce the opportunity for our patients to explore an array of deeper, more aggressive treatments.
What Concerns Do Aggressive Treatments Address?
Most aggressive resurfacing treatments are done to improve conditions that affect both the upper (epidermal) and lower (dermal) layers of the skin. These concerns and conditions cannot simply be treated superficially as the chosen treatment must be able to remodel and recondition the deeper dermal layers as well. The most common concerns treated include: Advanced signs of ageing; deep lines and wrinkles; severe sun damage; acne scarring; stretch marks and deep pigmentation.
Which Treatments Are Considered Aggressive Treatments?
1) PearlFusion – a combination of Pearl Fractional and Pearl Lasers.
3) FraxelDUAL – deeper combination treatments
4) Deep Peels – 3D Peel; 35% TCA Peel
5) Deep Skin Needling
6) Jett Plasma
Why Do I Need To Prepare My Skin For Aggressive Treatments?
1) To ensure that your skin's barrier is functioning correctly, allowing the skin to remain properly hydrated and reducing sensitivity.
2) To ensure than your skin cell turnover is optimal, facilitating faster healing and recovery.
3) To ensure that the pigment-producing cells in the skin have had a certain amount of suppression, preventing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). PIH is often seen in patients who have not undergone sufficient skin preparation.
4) To ensure that the treatment you are preparing for works optimally and yields the best possible results.
How Do I Prepare?
1) Repair and maintain the skin's barrier function by using products that are specifically designed for this. We recommend the Lamelle Serra Range and SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore Cream.
2) Ensure the skin is very well protected by using an excellent broad spectrum facial SPF that offers anti-oxidants, protection against UVA, UVB and IR radiation. This is vital when undergoing any skin treatments, mild or aggressive. We recommend Lamelle Helase, Heliocare 360 and Neoretin SPF.
3) Suppress the pigment producing melanocytes so that you do not develop hyperpigmentation or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation after your treatments. Using products that help the skin control the amount of pigment it produces is of vital importance, especially if you have darker skin. We recommend Lumixyl, the Neostrata Enlighten Range and Lamelle Brighter Concentrate.
4) Speed up your skin cell turnover to promote healing and keep your skin well hydrated. This improves your skin tone and texture, maintains your treatment results for longer and minimises any possibility of complications. We recommend a non-invasive monthly Mesoglow Facial.
For more information or to book a consultation, please contact your nearest Renewal Institute branch.